Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Five Alphabets of Life

I am really bored up. The excitement which was there when I entered this B-School has lost its shine in the unending effort to save myself from a D. This is what our life has become; oscillating between the five alphabets. A, B, C, D, F- the five elements of life and death at an IIM. Out of these F is the deadliest, an instant poison, the Cyanide, the one you should always avoid. D is like a Hindu god, who forgives you three times, but if you commit the same mistake for the fourth time, you are out. Dead.

The irony is it’s the letter D which always maintains a close relationship with me. And why not D? After all it’s the letter which starts my name, and also my home town and not to mention the name of all the schools I studied at. Those were pleasant days and so were those Ds. But this is the untouchable D, the untouchable D & F of IIM, from which you have to keep a safe distance always, just like an explosive laden lorry on highway.

First term was kool. I came here with minimum expectation, just to pass in every subject and miraculously I managed to do that (MWC grades are still to come). I enjoyed the campus, the classes, the nocturnal routine, all of which I had left at ISM two years ago. It was very exciting to discover back those treasures in an entirely different place with entirely different people (with the exception of Nitin). I relished those treasures and am relishing them. The maggi at night canteen, the BC on LAN, the biking at the curvaceous roads of planet-I, the Saturday evenings at TI, the attention of girls on orkut, gmail, Indore city or even in the train while going back home. I enjoyed these things, every moment of it.

This is how life is here, exciting at some time, boring to the hilt at some another time. There are some really good lectures but the very next can be so soporific that you can’t help but sleep (there by losing your CP grades). Though there is an enforced ‘dryness’, there are wet spots which oozes out the ‘spirit’ of IIM. You can smell it on Saturday nights while passing through Manand’s or Vinay’s wing. That is the life at planet-I, a microcosm of the life outside, composed of five elements, evenly balanced against each other. Balanced, because every Mr. Green Eyes is counter-balanced by a friend like Mittal Saab, every dull fuddu is outshined by ‘ever sparkling’ Sharmaji. Yes I know that everybody is not fortunate enough to get neighbours like I have got, but again here is a balance. Every unfortunate soul having those Mr.Green Eyes type neighbours is counterbalanced by fortunate fella like me. 

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:18 AM , Blogger Sudharsan Narayanan said...

Hmm aapke baki logon ka zikr nahi kiya Sirji. Not 2 mention CSR

 
At 7:24 AM , Blogger Kishore Pegu said...

dude! wherever u saw a explosive laden lorry! :-)

Funny...but I guess u missed something..a very important thing...breakfast and jam and..u know what I am talking about ;-)

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger Voice said...

>>the attention of girls on orkut, gmail, Indore city or even in the train while going back home.

no one told me about that :d
:)
yeah life is a balance. F se direct bahar kya?

 
At 10:32 PM , Blogger Avinash singh said...

Kahin pe aadmi F khojta hai .. nd kahi pe bhagta hai...

apna kismat me either forced to F se dur ya chah ke F se dur rehna padta hai...

gd 1.. enjoy

 
At 3:58 AM , Blogger Rishi said...

The author has done great deal of 'Community Service' to the thirstly souls of the institute

 
At 3:46 AM , Blogger soumi.datta said...

well it was gr8 to get a glimpse of an IIM life...matters especially to an IIM aspirant like me :)

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger dumka said...

@ Sud- yaar CSR to dil mein basta hai, naam lene ki kya jaroorat ;)
@ Pegu- while working in mines, I have seen many lorries of that variety, no comments abt breakfast
@ Bhav- haan yaar, more or less direct bahar hi hai, thoda catch hai, lekin nuthing catchy abt it
@ Avinash-haan be, yahi to irony of life hai, kahi khojo, kahi bacho
@ Rishi- CSR rockss
@ Soumi- hey thanx, all the best for CAT... hope to see you here, or any other IIM :)

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Revati Sukumar said...

attention of girls on orkut/gmail/indore/train :-o :-o is it because ur tall, not-so-dark, and drop-dead-handsome :-) hehe! i liked the 5-alphabet funda.. so true esp in the 1st term :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Geo Visitors Map